What Is Motorhome Insurance?
If you suffer from a severe case of wanderlust, there’s no better way to explore the world than from the comforts of your own motorhome. Would you like to have a full open road experience, but stay comfortable while you do that? A motorhome is the answer.
From unforgettable adventures along the European coast to exploring the UK’s lakes, motorhomes offer more holiday inspiration than any other vehicle. No wonder that their popularity is rising. They’re comfortable and cost-effective, making it possible for explorers to go literally where the road takes them.
But smart motorhome owners may also want to make sure that their vehicle is covered in case the unexpected happens. As specialists in motorhome cover, the policies we can arrange include the vehicle itself, as well as its contents, and ensures that your next trip is stress-free and more enjoyable than ever.
A motorhome is so much more than a vehicle and deserves the specialist insurance to protect its valuable contents. The motorhome insurance we can arrange can come with a range of benefits to help you make the most of your vacation.
Motorhome Insurance cover can include the following benefits:
- Unlimited cover across all the countries that are part of the European Union.
- Cover of camping personal effects for up to £3,500.
- Up to 6 months to complete a self-restoration.
- Cover for motorhomes with a value up to £120,000.
- Unlimited mileage cover.
- Discounts for club members.
- Consideration of all claims and convictions.
Note that these features and benefits are subject to eligibility and underwriting criteria. Get in touch with us to see which features apply to your motorhome.
Get motorhome insurance and protect your home on wheels now.
Differences Between Motorhomes and Campervans
Motorhomes and campervans are slightly different and it’s a good idea to know their key differences before seeking motorhome insurance.
Motorhomes fall into 4 categories: coach-built, A-class, American ‘RV’ style, and race trucks. Motorhomes are designed for cruising around the country and provide all the comforts of a home.
They’re generally larger than campervans, and the driving cab is separated from the living space. Many motorhomes include far more advanced appliances than campervans such as full-sized ovens, fridges, and bathrooms.
Campervans, on the other hand, tend to be smaller than motorhomes. This means your driving space and living area are usually combined together. One of the most common examples of a campervan is the Volkswagen Camper. But campervans come in various shapes and sizes. Some of them even have a pop-up or high-top roof.
Pros of motorhomes
Things to consider when choosing a motorhome over a campervan for life on the road:
- More spacious for improved comfort levels
- More storage capacity for a less minimalist lifestyle
- Smaller models are easy to drive, park and don’t require digging holes at campsites
- Better for families that require additional beds
- Include toilets/shower wet rooms
- Everything you need is available in one place
- Additional modcons for a more luxurious experience including larger beds, full-sized fridges and TVs for some of those creature comforts
Have you got a campervan as well? Then it’s smart to get dedicated campervan insurance that will protect your vehicle while you enjoy the open road.